Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcoming the year

For the past few years I've thought about growing my own vegetables. In my postbox I recently received a small postcard with an illustration of some carrots on the front and a pitch on the back from a young guy that comes to your house and will construct a little vegie patch for you, and if you really struggle, he'll also tend it for you. I've just finished reading "The 100-Mile Diet - a year of local eating" by Alisa Smith & J.B.MacKinnon. That's all I needed as well as my 2009 New Year's Theme "Getting Back to Basics" to call the guy and come build the vegetable garden.

Getting Back To Basics means:

  • looking after mind, body and soul - I usually neglect all three
  • growing vegetables that my family can partly subsist on
  • more time reading and writing - I've also gone back to using a paper diary and writing with pencil
  • living in the moment

I welcome 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment