Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Warming to Winter

It's been a long time between posts and I've been burrowing down over these past few winter months. I'm on holiday this week - at home - and doing all of those pesky things I've meant to do this year - and lucky for me, the weather is gorgeous.

What I love about winter is steaming hot chocolate. On a sunny yet cold afternoon yesterday, I was on a mission to find a hot chocolate and came upon a small store in Smith Street, Collingwood. I wandered in looking for hot chocolate and discovered Thibault Fregoni - French-born, Melbourne based, chocolatier known as Monsieur Truffe and his glorious chocolate store.

His chocolate is lovingly made on site mostly using dark chocolate but includes a range of milk chocolate. Whilst I waited for my hot chocolate to be made - which was delicious - I eyed the 70% dark chocolate range of bars that included roasted almonds, orange peel and pistachio nuts. I ended up buying the 70% couverture chocolate with specks of dark caramel - I'm definitely going to savour this with a cup of hot chocolate. http://monsieurtruffe.wordpress.com/











No comments:

Post a Comment